Pages

Monday 9 November 2020

Health - Equality and Equity Between Culture !

To search for a place/area that’s composed of cultural and non-cultural belonging; relating to equity and equality. 

I felt like I lacked to understand the cultural representation in our community, but I do know Glen Innes is interactive with all ethnicities and nationalities. 


My group included myself, Maya, Paikea, Tiana, and Chastyti. Before taking off, we noted a few places to go to, and en-route, we thought of a couple more areas. Our first destination was around the Ruopotaka Marae, Te Oro (G.I Library), along with the Police Department - the environment involved several patterned rocks and walls that contributed to our Maori chronicles. Afterward, we headed toward a small area right beside Countdown, it had a walkway that embraced Maori culture possessing carved wooden statues and seats - the Countdown itself possessed no cultural belonging. Also, the Panmure train station comprised identical Polynesian detail on many objects.  

Throughout this amazing experience, I managed to capture key information that will cooperate with my Health classes and my knowledge for our society. My team could improvise on having a specific time-line to spend at each location. This will ensure we collect equal amounts of data, without wasting time. Overall, I will cherish this learning style and hopefully receive the opportunity to re-do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment